Executive Director, Community Foundation of North Central Washington
New Data Shows The Result of Violent Crime
Men & Women, Money & Work
New State Financial Intelligence Tool
Trends In Action
On-Time High School Graduation Rate Exceeds State Rate
Higher Education Enrollment Similar To, But Below Benchmarks
Free and Reduced Price Lunch Enrollment Decreasing
Q1: As a business development organization, the Port must follow a set of key metrics. Can you tell us the top five performance measures for the Port?
- Are we attracting new private investments?
- Is the Port helping to facilitate new Jobs?
- Are the new jobs at a wage level that will support a family?
- Are we making strategic infrastructure investments that makes the communities we serve attractive to new investments?
- Are passenger enplanements at the Pangborn Memorial Airport growing?
Q2. Can you briefly describe the strategic plan of the Port, with a focus on the next 12 months?
A2. The Ports of Chelan and Douglas County have agreed to a functional consolidation as of January 1, 2020. Between now and the end of this year significant staff time will be devoted to standing up the new Regional Port Authority of Chelan Douglas County. We also do not want to lose our focus on delivering economic development services to all the communities we serve including those in our most rural areas of Chelan and Douglas Counties.